Sunday, May 11, 2008

Branding Day

Thursday I was able to go with Dex to work and help them brand! Last year you couldn't pay me to do this but it was actually a lot of fun to go. This is a picture of Dex and his day Jay chasing the calfs down the corral.

These are a few of the neighbors kids that like to come and help. (i think that calfs are cute)


This is a picture of Dex on Romeo. They catch the calf by two legs and then grab their had with a red bar thingy, we give them the shots and then they brand them. I gave the shots and by the end of the day I was getting prety good at it.

2 comments:

David said...

Christine, you have got to love this post...check out the last picture and the cow in the lower left hand corner...I think his face says it all ...I am sure he can't believe just what he got himself into but whatever it is...it is pretty funny...you guys are awesome...I can't believe that you are giving shots and helping with branding too...you have turned into quite the cowgirl...guess I better start checking out some boots for Christmas...haha...it was great to have you guys come up today...it is always nice to have you come and visit...can't wait for our little trip coming up..that will give you and Dexter both a well deserved break and vacation from both school and work...it will be so much fun...love you guys...dad...

PS...Christine, if you need any help on your yard just let me know...and I will figure out when would work out great...as for now...just a little weed spray and some fertilizer is all I think you need to have a beautiful yard...have a great week...

aquabatgirl said...

hey christine looks like you're having a blast being a cowgirl, though you probably never pictured yourself giving shots to a cow nor branding them lol guess that's what you get for marrying a cowboy ;)